The Transition US email list (aka listserv) is a way of connecting everyone after online events; a place to continue the conversation so to speak, a place that allows folks to come together (virtually) to ask questions, get answers, receive support and provide encouragement.
The listserv is intended for those actively involved in the Transition Movement and enables you to tap into the collective knowledge of all the other subscribers, including members of the Transition US Staff, Trainers, and Board members. All Initiating, Core, and Working Group members are encouraged to join.
-- JOIN NOW --
For those new to the concept of a 'mail list' it is really quite simple. You subscribe with your email address which allows you to send a message to everyone on the list using a special email address. The only trick is that messages must be sent from the email account you used when you subscribed. The subscription is free.
General List Guidelines
The TUS Email Lists will follow common dialogue guidelines like:
- This list is intended for the sharing of ideas relevant to moving our Transition Initiatives forward. Posting successful strategies, reports of events and projects, questions you could use help with, and valuable resources to share are examples of appropriate uses of the list.
- Transition work can be frustrating sometimes, and all of us get discouraged. However, please avoid using the list to air grievances or upsets. This way, the list will remain something that we all look forward to reading for help and inspiration. If you are upset when you are moved to post, please take a few minutes to breathe and see if you can distill your message into a useful one based on the above guideline. (In some cases, it's better to talk to a friend or beat up a pillow.)
- If you want to quote elsewhere what someone has written on this list, ask their permission.
- If you have a message meant for just one person, or if a discussion moves into an area of interest only to a few, please communicate directly with that person or persons instead of using the list.
- Include Your Name - To frame your perspectives, it's useful to include your name, Initiative, location, etc. Vcard should not be included as part of your auto-signature, because viruses can attach themselves to vcards.
- Use the Subject Line -- State concisely and clearly the specific topic of the comments in the subject line. This allows list members to respond more appropriately to your posting and makes it easier for everyone to search the archives by subject.
- Delete Extra Text -- Include only the relevant portions of the original message in your reply, delete any header information, and put your response before the original posting.
- Think About Your Audience -- Only send a message to the entire list when it contains information that everyone may benefit from.
- Check the "To:" Field -- When responding to a message from the list please check the "to:" field to determine whether your message is addressed to the whole list, or just the sender of the message. Messages such as "thanks for the information" or "can you send to me, too" should be addressed to individuals--not to the entire list. Do this by using your e-mail application's forwarding option or by typing in or cutting and pasting in the e-mail address of the individual to whom you want to respond.
- Use the Web Interface or the Administrator -- To request a daily digest, or unsubscribe or remove yourself from a list, please log in to the web interface. Unsubscribe and administrative requests should be sent to the listserve administrator and not to the list.