As we celebrate 10 years of Transition US in 2017, it’s time for a Transition national gathering! We’re considering hosting our first national gathering during the summer or fall of 2017 and are looking for a venue that meets the following criteria – please contact us if you know of such a place:
· Centrally located within continental US (Midwest/Central US)
· Accessible by public transit (within 1 hour of a city/transportation hub)
· Can host 100-300 people
· Camping on-site or nearby
· Proximity to hotels/homestays/other lodging
· Indoor & outdoor workshop spaces, plenty of shade
· Reasonably priced
· Aligned with Transition values
Our ideal location is a permaculture farm, college campus, or camp with potential for on-site camping/housing, close to a major city (Milwaukee, Chicago, Detroit, etc.), but we are open to other settings. Even better if there is a local Transition Initiative nearby that would be excited to support this gathering.
Please send your suggestions, along with website & contact info for the venue, to email@example.com by October 30th, 2016.
ALSO – we are forming a National Working Group to organize this event. Please contact firstname.lastname@example.org if you are interested in being part of the core organizing team