Here is what Transition US is currently working on:
There are a number of the things we hope to bring forward in 2013 and beyond.... Below are some of these:
In order to transition towns and cities throughout the US to be fully resilient in the face of climate change, fossil fuel depletion and economic vulnerability we will work with Transition Initiatives in 3 stages in 2012, with 4th and 5th stages starting in 2013 or later.
· Phase 1: Start-up/Outreach. This phase helps new initiatives form and trains leaders to step forward. In 2012 we will grow the number of US Transition Initiatives to 200. [This phase will be ongoing until there are initiatives throughout the US.]
· Phase 2: Deepening Impact (or “TI 2.0”). This phase helps intermediate-level Initiatives reach residents across all socio-economic, cultural, and geographic barriers to begin their personal engagement and energy descent actions. In 2012 we will launch a US pilot of Transition Streets with 9 Initiatives throughout the US to help our “early adopters” go back to their home streets and reach a wide cross-section of residents.
· Phase 3: Policy Adoption (or “TI 3.0”). This phase helps advanced initiatives begin the process of working with their local governments (and coalitions of other community based organizations and stakeholders) to adopt and implement a local Energy Descent Action Plan. In 2012, we will launch a partnership with prominent post carbon thinkers who can create/edit a “best practices” EDAP template that TUS can then offer Initiatives as a tool that would be combined with TUS training to launch a series of EDAP adoption campaigns in 2012/2013.
· Phase 4: Implementation (or “TI 4.0”). During this phase we would help the Initiatives to implement the actions set forth in their EDAPs. This phase would begin, at earliest, in 2013 and might involve anything from trainings, to ongoing policy help, technical assistance with fundraising or pro-bono legal advisors.
· Right Livelihood/Social enterprise/Transition businesses: (2013) During this phase TUS will develop and aggregate Asset Mapping resources to identify gaps and opportunities for low carbon businesses creating the businesses and local supply infrastructure to withstand shocks and changes. Profits coming in from Transition businesses will begin to fund Transition Initiatives.
Transition US is a 501(c)3 non-profit organization and all donations are tax deductible.
A one time (or better yet a monthly pledge) can be made safely and securely below through our partners Network For Good or Paypal.
|Network For Good||PayPal|
PO Box 917
Sebastopol, CA 95473
Please make checks payable to Transition US.